With its abundant amount of protein, vitamins and antioxidants, wheat germ slows down the aging of skin, helps hair and general health, making it an excellent cosmetic and food supplement. Wheat germ is rich in protein, contains a good amount of iron and potassium. Other nutrients found in wheat germ are: riboflavin, calcium, zinc, magnesium and vitamins A, B1, B3, B6, folic acid and vitamin E. Let’s list some benefits for you to insert this gem into your life:
• Powerful antioxidant, assists in the hydration of the body’s cells
• Essential for maintaining healthy skin
• Improves digestion and bowel function
• Helps reduce body toxins
• Good source of omega 3, which helps control cholesterol levels
• Helps prevent intestinal cancer
• Rich in B vitamins, it is important for the nervous system (especially in children with attention deficit, or in students with intellectual fatigue).
• Also very useful in the production of hormones, enzymes and proteins, as well as for strengthening the immune system
• Contains vitamin E, which is useful for fighting aging and preventing heart disease. This vitamin also helps prevent blood clots and strengthens the immune system.
• Helps to reduce the amount of sugar in the blood
• Deficiencies in vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) produce skin and hair problems, both seborrhea and hair loss, so it is important for people with this type of problem to add wheat germ to their diet, also because it contains zinc.
Source: Beauty and Health Website